Bishop & Miller will be holding its specialist Music & Memorabilia Sale on Saturday 9th November which includes Lot 363, a rare Beatles signed photograph with a fascinating history.
The Beatles photograph which is 21.5cm x 16cm is autographed by the four members and signed in pen and has an estimate of £2,000-£3,000. Oliver Miller, Bishop & Miller’s Managing Director, says: “Lot 363 is one of our highlight lots from the Music auction and provenance is something really remarkable. The vendor of this item told us that the picture of the Beatles plus their signatures was given to them by Jane Asher when she was with Paul. Their Nan and aunt had worked for Mrs Asher and her mother before her for many years and they were lucky enough to be invited to several children’s parties in Wimpole Street when they were all growing up. They were often bought clothes in Mrs Asher favourite colour – Red – as all her family had red hair and could not wear it. Paul and Peter Asher (Peter and Gorden) also visited their home at Christmas, bringing presents from the family in 1968. With such special and intricate connections to the band itself we anticipate lots of interest in this photograph.”
Another stand out item from this upcoming Sale is the lot 397, a 1974 Fender Stratocaster in natural finish, made in USA. This exceptional instrument is in great condition and would make a stunning addition to any collection. This Sale is packed full of collectable records featuring Rock & Pop from 1950s/60s/70s/80s, Jazz, Northern Soul, Soul, Reggae, Prog Rock, Psyche, Heavy Metal, Punk, Classical and Musicals. Some of the other top picks include:
– Lot 139 – The Beatles, ‘Yellow Submarine” LP, first pressing (PMC 7070) Estimate: £200-£250
– Lot 77 – 5x US – issued Beatles 12” LPs. Beatles ’65, Beatles In The Beginning withTony Sheridan, Beatles Second Album, Songs & Pictures of The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour. Estimate £80-£100
– Lot 119 – 4 x Heavy Rock & 12′ Single. Jimmy Page, “No introduction Necessary” (Purple Pyramid) Sealed. Estimate: £40-£80
– Lot 148 – Rolling Stones, “Beggars Banquet” LP, first pressing with gatefold sleeve, mono. (LK 4955) Estimate: £150-£200
– Lot 160 – The Beatles, “White Album”, numbered gatefold sleeve with poster and prints. (PMC 7068) Estimate: £180-£250
Oliver Miller continues: “Our Music & Memorabilia Auctions are growing each year and we’re thrilled to be able to offer our customers such a variety of collectible and desirable items in this sale. As ever The Beatles magic shows no sign of dwindling as we have signed photos and first pressings of vinyls all looking for a good home!” Full details of the auction catalogue can be found on the Bishop & Miller website.
Bishop & Miller offer a free, no obligation valuation service on a wide range of objects.
Offering full service and guidance whether it’s a single item for valuation and auction or probate and insurance valuations. Our team of dedicated professionals are on hand to help with every aspect of your auction experience.
Sale, Insurance & Taxation Valuations